- 1 Who wrote the Norton Anthology of English Literature?
- 2 When was the Norton Anthology of English Literature 10th edition published?
- 3 Who edited the Norton Anthology of American Literature?
- 4 How do you cite the Norton Anthology of World Literature?
- 5 What literature means?
- 6 What is a Norton Critical Edition?
- 7 How do I cite the Norton Anthology of American Literature 9th edition?
- 8 How do you do a work cited page?
- 9 How do I cite an anthology?
- 10 How do you cite in text MLA?
Who wrote the Norton Anthology of English Literature?
Tony Marquise Jr. This set of books covers, in time, the written works in English from the beginnings of the language(Old English) to about 1800. The Norton Anthologys(on World, American, and English Literature) are college textbooks simply because they are the best.
When was the Norton Anthology of English Literature 10th edition published?
The tenth edition of the anthology went on sale in June 2018 and has continued to be sold in the same format as its two prior editions, while including a host of new writers into its already largely encompassing range.
Who edited the Norton Anthology of American Literature?
The Ninth Edition introduces new General Editor Robert Levine and three new-generation editors who have reenergized the volume across the centuries.
How do you cite the Norton Anthology of World Literature?
Citing the Norton Anthology
- WORKS CITED:
- Author’s last name, first name.
- IN TEXT: Use parenthetical citations AFTER the quote!
- AVOID SAYING PAGE/LINE NUMBERS IN SENTENCE ITSELF: In Chapter 1, Arjuna says, “O Krishna, what good is kingship?/What good even life and pleasure?”
What literature means?
Literature broadly is any collection of written work, but it is also used more narrowly for writings specifically considered to be an art form, especially prose fiction, drama, and poetry. In recent centuries, the definition has expanded to include oral literature, much of which has been transcribed.
What is a Norton Critical Edition?
The Norton Critical Editions three-part format – annotated text, contexts, and criticism – helps students to better understand, analyse, and appreciate the literature, while opening a wide range of teaching possibilities for instructors.
How do I cite the Norton Anthology of American Literature 9th edition?
“Title of Poem.” The Norton Anthology of American Literature, edited by Robert S. Levine, 9th ed., W. W. Norton, 2016, page range of poem. Format: Author(s). “Title of Article.” Title of Journal, vol.
How do you do a work cited page?
- Begin your Works Cited page on a separate page at the end of your research paper.
- Label the page Works Cited (do not italicize the words Works Cited or put them in quotation marks) and center the words Works Cited at the top of the page.
- Double space all citations, but do not skip spaces between entries.
How do I cite an anthology?
How do you cite an excerpt from an anthology? To cite an anthology in MLA of works by the same author, you include the author of the work, title, collection title, editor’s name, publisher, year, and page range.
How do you cite in text MLA?
MLA in-text citation style uses the author’s last name and the page number from which the quotation or paraphrase is taken, for example: (Smith 163). If the source does not use page numbers, do not include a number in the parenthetical citation: (Smith).