- 1 How do I cite the Norton Anthology of World Literature?
- 2 How do I cite an anthology?
- 3 How do you cite Beowulf in text MLA?
- 4 How do I cite WW Norton?
- 5 How do you do a work cited page?
- 6 When was the Norton Anthology of English Literature 10th edition published?
- 7 How do you cite an anthology in APA?
- 8 What is an example of an anthology?
- 9 How do you reference a reader?
- 10 How do you quote Beowulf in text?
- 11 How do you cite in MLA format?
- 12 How do you cite a film?
How do I cite the Norton Anthology of World Literature?
Citing the Norton Anthology
- WORKS CITED:
- Author’s last name, first name.
- IN TEXT: Use parenthetical citations AFTER the quote!
- AVOID SAYING PAGE/LINE NUMBERS IN SENTENCE ITSELF: In Chapter 1, Arjuna says, “O Krishna, what good is kingship?/What good even life and pleasure?”
How do I cite an anthology?
How do you cite an excerpt from an anthology? To cite an anthology in MLA of works by the same author, you include the author of the work, title, collection title, editor’s name, publisher, year, and page range.
How do you cite Beowulf in text MLA?
In-text citations in MLA 8th edition are done using parenthetical references. Because Beowulf is an anonymous poem, the first element of the in-text citation (as in the citation on the Works Cited page) will be the title of the work, in italics.
How do I cite WW Norton?
First Author’s Last Name, First Name, Second Author’s First and Last Names, and Third Author’s First and Last Names. Title. Publication City: Publisher, Year of publication. Medium.
How do you do a work cited page?
- Begin your Works Cited page on a separate page at the end of your research paper.
- Label the page Works Cited (do not italicize the words Works Cited or put them in quotation marks) and center the words Works Cited at the top of the page.
- Double space all citations, but do not skip spaces between entries.
When was the Norton Anthology of English Literature 10th edition published?
The tenth edition of the anthology went on sale in June 2018 and has continued to be sold in the same format as its two prior editions, while including a host of new writers into its already largely encompassing range.
How do you cite an anthology in APA?
The format is as follows: Editor Lastname, First Initials (Ed.). (Year). Anthology title: Subtitle if included (Volume number if applicable). Publisher location: Publisher.
What is an example of an anthology?
An example of an anthology is a collection of poetry called The Poets Laureate Anthology. A collection of literary works, such as poems or short stories. An anthology is a collection of music from one artist. An example of an anthology is the collection titled, The Beatles’ Anthology.
How do you reference a reader?
Locate the same information as you would for the APA style: the year the reader was first published and the course instructor who published it. Cite your source in the text thus: (Author course reader publication date, course reader page). Note that there is no comma between the author and the date.
How do you quote Beowulf in text?
For an in-line citation in the text of your paper, cite only the title of the work, Beowulf, and the line number(s) you are quoting in an in-line citation with Beowulf typed in italics. Sandwich the in-line citation with parentheses and place the punctuation at the end of the sentence outside the closing parenthesis.
How do you cite in MLA format?
MLA citing format often includes the following pieces of information, in this order: Author’s Last name, First name. “Title of Source.” Title of Container, other contributors, version, numbers, publisher, publication date, location.
How do you cite a film?
How to cite a film in a bibliography using MLA. The most basic entry for a film consists of the title, director, distributor, year of release, and medium. You may also choose to include the names of the writer(s), performer(s), and the producer(s), as well as the film’s original release date.