- 1 How do you cite the Norton Anthology?
- 2 How do you cite the Norton Anthology of English Literature MLA?
- 3 How do you cite an anthology in text?
- 4 How do you cite literature in MLA format?
- 5 Who wrote the Norton Anthology of English Literature?
- 6 When was the Norton Anthology of English Literature 9th edition published?
- 7 How do you do a work cited page?
- 8 How do you cite a library book?
- 9 How do you in-text cite an editor in APA?
- 10 What is an example of an anthology?
- 11 Do you cite the editor if there is no author?
- 12 What are the rules in citing literature?
- 13 How do I cite literature?
- 14 How do you read a citation?
How do you cite the Norton Anthology?
Citing the Norton Anthology
- WORKS CITED:
- Author’s last name, first name.
- IN TEXT: Use parenthetical citations AFTER the quote!
- AVOID SAYING PAGE/LINE NUMBERS IN SENTENCE ITSELF: In Chapter 1, Arjuna says, “O Krishna, what good is kingship?/What good even life and pleasure?”
How do you cite the Norton Anthology of English Literature MLA?
Cite in-text using the author of the text you are using, not the editors of the anthology. In parentheses, type the author’s last name, a comma, the year “2006,” another comma and the page number from which you drew the information.
How do you cite an anthology in text?
See the following example for the format of republished work in a printed anthology or collection:
- In-text citation: (Author, 1989/2019)
- Reference entry: Author, A. (2019). Title of original work. In E. Editor (Ed.). Title of anthology or collection in sentence case and italics (pp. xx-xxx). Publisher.
How do you cite literature in MLA format?
MLA format follows the author-page method of in-text citation. This means that the author’s last name and the page number(s) from which the quotation or paraphrase is taken must appear in the text, and a complete reference should appear on your Works Cited page.
Who wrote the Norton Anthology of English Literature?
Tony Marquise Jr. This set of books covers, in time, the written works in English from the beginnings of the language(Old English) to about 1800. The Norton Anthologys(on World, American, and English Literature) are college textbooks simply because they are the best.
When was the Norton Anthology of English Literature 9th edition published?
The ninth edition was released in 2012, marking 50 years of the anthology’s existence.
How do you do a work cited page?
- Begin your Works Cited page on a separate page at the end of your research paper.
- Label the page Works Cited (do not italicize the words Works Cited or put them in quotation marks) and center the words Works Cited at the top of the page.
- Double space all citations, but do not skip spaces between entries.
How do you cite a library book?
- Author (last name, initials only for first & middle names)
- Publication date.
- Title (in italics; capitalize only the first word of title and subtitle, and proper nouns)
- Publisher (Note: do not include publisher location)
- For books retrieved online, include DOI, if available.
How do you in-text cite an editor in APA?
- List first editor with the last name first, followed by a comme and “(Ed.).”
- Two editors are separated by a comma after the first author and the ampersand ( & ) and are followed with a comma and “(Eds.).”
6 дней назад
What is an example of an anthology?
An example of an anthology is a collection of poetry called The Poets Laureate Anthology. A collection of literary works, such as poems or short stories. An anthology is a collection of music from one artist. An example of an anthology is the collection titled, The Beatles’ Anthology.
When a work has no author or editor, cite in the text the first few words of the reference list entry, usually the title and the year, and capitalise all major words.
What are the rules in citing literature?
Ten simple rules for responsible referencing
- Rule 1: Include relevant citations.
- Rule 2: Read the publications you cite.
- Rule 3: Cite in accordance with content.
- Rule 4: Cite transparently, not neutrally.
- Rule 5: Cite yourself when required.
- Rule 6: Prioritise the citations you include.
- Rule 7: Evaluate citations as the choices that they are.
How do I cite literature?
You should pay careful attention to details of formatting when you write your own Literature Cited section. For papers published in journals you must provide the date, title, journal name, volume number, and page numbers. For books you need the publication date, title, publisher, and place of publication.
How do you read a citation?
Reading a Case Citation
- the names of the parties involved in the lawsuit.
- the volume number of the reporter containing the full text of the case.
- the abbreviated name of that case reporter.
- the page number on which the case begins the year the case was decided; and sometimes.
- the name of the court deciding the case.