- 1 What are 5 example of simile?
- 2 What are similes give 10 examples?
- 3 What is simile give example?
- 4 What are some famous similes?
- 5 What are 5 examples of metaphor?
- 6 How do you write a simile?
- 7 How do you teach a simile?
- 8 How do you write a simile poem?
- 9 Is a simile a metaphor?
- 10 Is as if a simile?
- 11 What’s a personification example?
- 12 What are 5 examples of alliteration?
- 13 Can a simile start with as?
- 14 Is as well as a simile?
- 15 What is a simile for kids?
What are 5 example of simile?
Examples of Similes Using ‘Like’
He looks like a fish out of water. Her eyes shone like diamonds. She slept like a log. The airplane soared like an eagle.
What are similes give 10 examples?
Following are some more examples of similes regularly used in writing:
- You were as brave as a lion.
- They fought like cats and dogs.
- He is as funny as a barrel of monkeys.
- This house is as clean as a whistle.
- He is as strong as an ox.
- Your explanation is as clear as mud.
- Watching the show was like watching grass grow.
What is simile give example?
A simile is a phrase that uses a comparison to describe.
For example, “life” can be described as similar to “a box of chocolates.” You know you’ve spotted one when you see the words like or as in a comparison.
What are some famous similes?
Famous examples of similes.
- as busy as a bee.
- as blind as a bat.
- as black as coal.
- as brave as a lion.
- as strong as an ox.
- as easy as shooting fish in a barrel.
- slept like a log.
- dead as a doornail.
What are 5 examples of metaphor?
- The snow is a white blanket.
- He is a shining star.
- Her long hair was a flowing golden river.
- Tom’s eyes were ice as he stared at her.
- The children were flowers grown in concrete gardens.
- Kisses are the flowers of affection.
- The falling snowflakes are dancers.
- The calm lake was a mirror.
How do you write a simile?
How to Write a Simile
- Think of one thing and what you want to say about it; do you want to say that something is big, boring, beautiful, or is it some quality you don’t have an adjective for?
- Think of a second thing that shows the same or similar characteristic.
- Combine by saying that the first thing is “like” the second thing.
How do you teach a simile?
Demonstrate to students that their favorite authors use similes and metaphors in their writing to convey vivid imagery. After reading each passage, ask your students what the words are comparing and what they mean. Poems are also a great way to introduce examples of similes and metaphors.
How do you write a simile poem?
Remember, a simile compares the subject to something else using “like” or “as.” The comparison should describe something very specific. For example, describe your partner’s hair by saying: “Her hair is like silk.” This suggests it is soft and lustrous. Write down all the similes that come into your mind.
Is a simile a metaphor?
Metaphors, similes, and analogies are three literary devices used in speech and writing to make comparisons. metaphor, a simile is actually a subcategory of metaphor, which means all similes are metaphors, but not all metaphors are similes.
Is as if a simile?
The above patterns of simile are the most common, but there are others made with adverbs or words such as than and as if, for example: He ran as fast as the wind. He is larger than life. They ran as if for their lives.
What’s a personification example?
Personification means: “Giving an object or animal human characteristics to create interesting imagery.” An example of personification would be in the nursery rhyme “Hey Diddle Diddle” where “the little dog laughed to see such fun.” “Making an object or animal act and look like they are human.”
What are 5 examples of alliteration?
Alliteration Examples and Worksheets
- Peter Piped Picked a Peck of Pickled Peppers.
- Three grey geese in a field grazing. Grey were the geese and green was the grazing.
- Betty Botter bought some butter, but she said this butter’s bitter;
- I need not your needs, They’re needless to me,
Can a simile start with as?
A simile is a figure of speech that directly compares two different things. The simile is usually in a phrase that begins with the words “as” or “like.” This is different from a metaphor, which is also a comparison but one says something is something else.
Is as well as a simile?
Treating “as well as the house” to be a simile wrenches the natural sense of the sentence to make it say that the house lives (quite well) on the farm. The natural sense of “as well as” here is really just something along the lines of “and also”.
What is a simile for kids?
Kids Definition of simile
: a figure of speech comparing two unlike things using like or as “Their cheeks are like roses” is a simile. “Their cheeks are roses” is a metaphor.