- 1 Who wrote the Norton Anthology of World Literature?
- 2 When was the Norton Anthology of World Literature 4th edition published?
- 3 How do I cite the Norton Anthology of World Literature?
- 4 Who published The Norton Anthology of English Literature?
- 5 What do you know about world literature?
- 6 How do you do a work cited page?
- 7 How do I cite an anthology?
- 8 How do I cite The Norton Introduction to Literature 13th edition?
- 9 What is a Norton Critical Edition?
- 10 What literature means?
- 11 How do I cite the Norton Anthology of American Literature?
Who wrote the Norton Anthology of World Literature?
About the Author
Martin Puchner is Byron and Anita Wien Professor of English and Comparative Literature at Harvard University, author of The Written World, and general editor of The Norton Anthology of World Literature.
When was the Norton Anthology of World Literature 4th edition published?
|Publisher:||Norton, W. W. & Company, Inc.|
|Edition description:||Fourth Edition|
How do I cite the Norton Anthology of World Literature?
Citing the Norton Anthology
- WORKS CITED:
- Author’s last name, first name.
- IN TEXT: Use parenthetical citations AFTER the quote!
- AVOID SAYING PAGE/LINE NUMBERS IN SENTENCE ITSELF: In Chapter 1, Arjuna says, “O Krishna, what good is kingship?/What good even life and pleasure?”
Who published The Norton Anthology of English Literature?
The Norton Anthology of English Literature is an anthology of English literature published by the W. W. Norton & Company. First published in 1962, it has gone through ten editions; as of 2006 there are over eight million copies in print, making it the publisher’s best-selling anthology.
What do you know about world literature?
World literature is used to refer to the total of the world’s national literature and the circulation of works into the wider world beyond their country of origin. Many scholars assert that what makes a work considered world literature is its circulation beyond its country of origin.
How do you do a work cited page?
- Begin your Works Cited page on a separate page at the end of your research paper.
- Label the page Works Cited (do not italicize the words Works Cited or put them in quotation marks) and center the words Works Cited at the top of the page.
- Double space all citations, but do not skip spaces between entries.
How do I cite an anthology?
How do you cite an excerpt from an anthology? To cite an anthology in MLA of works by the same author, you include the author of the work, title, collection title, editor’s name, publisher, year, and page range.
How do I cite The Norton Introduction to Literature 13th edition?
Format: Author(s). Title of Play. The Norton Introduction to Literature, edited by Kelly J. Mays, shorter 13th ed., W. W. Norton, 2019, pp.
What is a Norton Critical Edition?
The Norton Critical Editions three-part format – annotated text, contexts, and criticism – helps students to better understand, analyse, and appreciate the literature, while opening a wide range of teaching possibilities for instructors.
What literature means?
Literature broadly is any collection of written work, but it is also used more narrowly for writings specifically considered to be an art form, especially prose fiction, drama, and poetry. In recent centuries, the definition has expanded to include oral literature, much of which has been transcribed.
How do I cite the Norton Anthology of American Literature?
“Title of Poem.” The Norton Anthology of American Literature, edited by Robert S. Levine, 9th ed., W. W. Norton, 2016, page range of poem. Format: Author(s). “Title of Article.” Title of Journal, vol.