- 1 How do you cite the Norton Anthology of English Literature MLA?
- 2 How do I cite an anthology?
- 3 How do you cite Norton Shakespeare?
- 4 How do you cite Beowulf in text MLA?
- 5 How do I cite the Norton Anthology of World Literature?
- 6 Who wrote the Norton Anthology of English Literature?
- 7 What is an example of an anthology?
- 8 When using APA guidelines to cite a work from an anthology edited collection what information will be included in the citation?
- 9 How do you reference a reader?
- 10 How do you cite Shakespeare?
- 11 How do you cite a play?
- 12 How do you cite in MLA format?
- 13 How do you quote Beowulf in text?
- 14 How do you do a work cited page?
- 15 How do you cite a film?
How do you cite the Norton Anthology of English Literature MLA?
Cite in-text using the author of the text you are using, not the editors of the anthology. In parentheses, type the author’s last name, a comma, the year “2006,” another comma and the page number from which you drew the information.
How do I cite an anthology?
How do you cite an excerpt from an anthology? To cite an anthology in MLA of works by the same author, you include the author of the work, title, collection title, editor’s name, publisher, year, and page range.
How do you cite Norton Shakespeare?
Write “The Norton Shakespeare” in italics after the editors’ names and insert a period. Since “The Norton Shakespeare” has two editions, indicate which one you are referencing by writing “1st ed.” or “2nd ed.” after the title. Indicate the location of publication, publishing company and year of publication.
How do you cite Beowulf in text MLA?
In-text citations in MLA 8th edition are done using parenthetical references. Because Beowulf is an anonymous poem, the first element of the in-text citation (as in the citation on the Works Cited page) will be the title of the work, in italics.
How do I cite the Norton Anthology of World Literature?
Citing the Norton Anthology
- WORKS CITED:
- Author’s last name, first name.
- IN TEXT: Use parenthetical citations AFTER the quote!
- AVOID SAYING PAGE/LINE NUMBERS IN SENTENCE ITSELF: In Chapter 1, Arjuna says, “O Krishna, what good is kingship?/What good even life and pleasure?”
Who wrote the Norton Anthology of English Literature?
Tony Marquise Jr. This set of books covers, in time, the written works in English from the beginnings of the language(Old English) to about 1800. The Norton Anthologys(on World, American, and English Literature) are college textbooks simply because they are the best.
What is an example of an anthology?
An example of an anthology is a collection of poetry called The Poets Laureate Anthology. A collection of literary works, such as poems or short stories. An anthology is a collection of music from one artist. An example of an anthology is the collection titled, The Beatles’ Anthology.
When using APA guidelines to cite a work from an anthology edited collection what information will be included in the citation?
Q. How do I cite and reference a work from an anthology or an edited collection of works?
- In-text citation: (Author, 1989/2019)
- Reference entry: Author, A. (2019). Title of original work. In E. Editor (Ed.). Title of anthology or collection in sentence case and italics (pp. xx-xxx). City, Country/State: Publisher.
How do you reference a reader?
Locate the same information as you would for the APA style: the year the reader was first published and the course instructor who published it. Cite your source in the text thus: (Author course reader publication date, course reader page). Note that there is no comma between the author and the date.
How do you cite Shakespeare?
When citing Shakespeare plays, list the ACT, SCENE, and LINES in parenthetical citations (page numbers are NOT included), separated by periods. Enclose the citation in parentheses. For example: (Macbeth 1.3.
How do you cite a play?
When citing a play with numbered lines, the MLA parenthetical citation should include the author name and the act, scene and line number(s). If the lines are not numbered, include the page number instead.
How do you cite in MLA format?
MLA citing format often includes the following pieces of information, in this order: Author’s Last name, First name. “Title of Source.” Title of Container, other contributors, version, numbers, publisher, publication date, location.
How do you quote Beowulf in text?
For an in-line citation in the text of your paper, cite only the title of the work, Beowulf, and the line number(s) you are quoting in an in-line citation with Beowulf typed in italics. Sandwich the in-line citation with parentheses and place the punctuation at the end of the sentence outside the closing parenthesis.
How do you do a work cited page?
- Begin your Works Cited page on a separate page at the end of your research paper.
- Label the page Works Cited (do not italicize the words Works Cited or put them in quotation marks) and center the words Works Cited at the top of the page.
- Double space all citations, but do not skip spaces between entries.
How do you cite a film?
How to cite a film in a bibliography using MLA. The most basic entry for a film consists of the title, director, distributor, year of release, and medium. You may also choose to include the names of the writer(s), performer(s), and the producer(s), as well as the film’s original release date.