- 1 How do you cite the Norton Anthology of English Literature MLA?
- 2 How do you cite an anthology MLA?
- 3 How do you cite literature in MLA format?
- 4 How do you do an in text citation for an anthology?
- 5 How do I cite the Norton Anthology of American Literature?
- 6 How do I cite the Norton Anthology of World Literature?
- 7 What is an example of an anthology?
- 8 How should MLA citations look?
- 9 How do you do a MLA works cited page?
- 10 How do you read a citation?
- 11 What are the rules in citing literature?
- 12 What is MLA format for an essay?
- 13 How do you reference an anthology?
- 14 How do you cite two authors?
- 15 How do you in-text cite a chapter?
How do you cite the Norton Anthology of English Literature MLA?
Cite in-text using the author of the text you are using, not the editors of the anthology. In parentheses, type the author’s last name, a comma, the year “2006,” another comma and the page number from which you drew the information.
How do you cite an anthology MLA?
To cite an anthology in MLA of works by the same author, you include the author of the work, title, collection title, editor’s name, publisher, year, and page range. An example of an MLA anthology citation includes: Frost, Robert.
How do you cite literature in MLA format?
MLA format follows the author-page method of in-text citation. This means that the author’s last name and the page number(s) from which the quotation or paraphrase is taken must appear in the text, and a complete reference should appear on your Works Cited page.
How do you do an in text citation for an anthology?
See the following example for the format of republished work in a printed anthology or collection:
- In-text citation: (Author, 1989/2019)
- Reference entry: Author, A. (2019). Title of original work. In E. Editor (Ed.). Title of anthology or collection in sentence case and italics (pp. xx-xxx). Publisher.
How do I cite the Norton Anthology of American Literature?
“Title of Poem.” The Norton Anthology of American Literature, edited by Robert S. Levine, 9th ed., W. W. Norton, 2016, page range of poem. Format: Author(s). “Title of Article.” Title of Journal, vol.
How do I cite the Norton Anthology of World Literature?
Citing the Norton Anthology
- WORKS CITED:
- Author’s last name, first name.
- IN TEXT: Use parenthetical citations AFTER the quote!
- AVOID SAYING PAGE/LINE NUMBERS IN SENTENCE ITSELF: In Chapter 1, Arjuna says, “O Krishna, what good is kingship?/What good even life and pleasure?”
What is an example of an anthology?
An example of an anthology is a collection of poetry called The Poets Laureate Anthology. A collection of literary works, such as poems or short stories. An anthology is a collection of music from one artist. An example of an anthology is the collection titled, The Beatles’ Anthology.
How should MLA citations look?
A standard MLA Works Cited entry is structured as follows: Author. “Title of the Source.” Title of the Container, Other contributors, Version, Number, Publisher, Publication date, Location. Only relevant information is included in the reference.
How do you do a MLA works cited page?
- Begin your Works Cited page on a separate page at the end of your research paper.
- Label the page Works Cited (do not italicize the words Works Cited or put them in quotation marks) and center the words Works Cited at the top of the page.
- Double space all citations, but do not skip spaces between entries.
How do you read a citation?
Reading a Case Citation
- the names of the parties involved in the lawsuit.
- the volume number of the reporter containing the full text of the case.
- the abbreviated name of that case reporter.
- the page number on which the case begins the year the case was decided; and sometimes.
- the name of the court deciding the case.
What are the rules in citing literature?
Ten simple rules for responsible referencing
- Rule 1: Include relevant citations.
- Rule 2: Read the publications you cite.
- Rule 3: Cite in accordance with content.
- Rule 4: Cite transparently, not neutrally.
- Rule 5: Cite yourself when required.
- Rule 6: Prioritise the citations you include.
- Rule 7: Evaluate citations as the choices that they are.
What is MLA format for an essay?
MLA Paper Formatting Basics
- Use white 8 ½ x 11” paper.
- Make 1 inch margins on the top, bottom, and sides.
- The first word in every paragraph should be indented one half inch.
- Indent set-off quotations one inch from the left margin.
- Use any type of font that is easy to read, such as Times New Roman.
- Use 12 point size.
How do you reference an anthology?
To be made up of:
- Editor/compiler of anthology (surname followed by initials).
- Year of publication (in round brackets).
- Title of book (in italics).
- Place of publication: publisher.
A Work by Two Authors
Name both authors in the signal phrase or in parentheses each time you cite the work. Use the word “and” between the authors‘ names within the text and use the ampersand in parentheses.
How do you in-text cite a chapter?
Citing a Book Chapter: Electronic Version
- General Format:
- In-Text Citation (Paraphrase):
- (Author’s Last Name of Chapter, year)
- In-Text Citation (Direct Quote):
- (Author’s Last Name of Chapter, year, page number)
- Chapter Author’s Last Name, First Initial. Second Initial. ( Year).