- 1 What is the most famous line in English literature?
- 2 What is the most famous quote ever?
- 3 What is a literary quote?
- 4 What is most powerful quote?
- 5 What is the most beautiful quote?
- 6 What is the most romantic quote?
- 7 What is a good positive quote?
- 8 What are some deep quotes?
- 9 What is the best motto in life?
- 10 How do you analyze a quote?
- 11 Why do we use quotes in writing?
- 12 How do you quote in literature?
- 13 What is the best motivational quote ever?
- 14 What is the saddest quote in the world?
- 15 What are inspiring words?
What is the most famous line in English literature?
Here are some favourites:
- “It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to than I have ever known.”
- “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”
- “You have brains in your head.
- “It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be.”
What is the most famous quote ever?
Most Famous Quotes
- “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” –
- “Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right.” –
- “I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear.” –
- “I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the water to create many ripples.” –
What is a literary quote?
1. a phrase or passage from a book, poem, play, etc, remembered and spoken, esp to illustrate succinctly or support a point or an argument. 2. the act or habit of quoting from books, plays, poems, etc. 3. (
What is most powerful quote?
21 of the World’s Most Powerful Quotes Updated For Today
- “You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” — Gandhi.
- “Everybody is a genius.
- “A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.” — George Bernhard Shaw.
- “He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.” — Michel De Montaigne.
What is the most beautiful quote?
- The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched – they must be felt with the heart.
- There is no definition of beauty, but when you can see someone’s spirit coming through, something unexplainable, that’s beautiful to me.
What is the most romantic quote?
Romantic Song Quotes
- “ All of me loves all of you.
- “ It’s always better when we’re together.” – “Better Together” by Jack Johnson (Get it on iTunes)
- “ Now you’re my whole life.
- “ You know it’s true.
- “ Take me into your lovin’ arms.
- “ I’ll never stop trying.
What is a good positive quote?
“Let your unique awesomeness and positive energy inspire confidence in others.” “Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.” “If you want light to come into your life, you need to stand where it is shining.” “Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out.”
What are some deep quotes?
“A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval.” “Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are.” “Everything you want is on the other side of fear.” “Happiness is nothing more than good health and a bad memory.”
What is the best motto in life?
Mottos like these (and these) can keep your desired habit change on track:
- “Health first.”
- “Exercise—stay stronger longer.”
- “Where there’s a will, there’s a way.”
- “He who has a why can endure any how.”
- “Make the right thing to do the easy thing to do.”
- “Smoke-free—a healthy me.”
How do you analyze a quote?
Ways to analyze
Look at the subtle parts of the quote, and explain why the author used them in his writing–Tone, diction, mood, figurative language (metaphors, similes, imagery, alliteration, onomatopoeia, personification there are A LOT).
Why do we use quotes in writing?
The primary function of quotation marks is to set off and represent exact language (either spoken or written) that has come from somebody else. The quotation mark is also used to designate speech acts in fiction and sometimes poetry.
How do you quote in literature?
Short quotes (no more than four lines of prose text and three lines of poetic text) should be enclosed within quotation marks. Include the author’s name and the page number (for poetry — provide the line numbers).
What is the best motivational quote ever?
300+ Motivational Quotes To Reach Your Potential in 2019
- “All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney.
- “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” – Mark Twain.
- “I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career.
- “Don’t limit yourself.
What is the saddest quote in the world?
Here are 29 quotes about sadness to help you cry it out
- “The way sadness works is one of the strange riddles of the world.
- “Our sweetest songs are those that tell of saddest thought.” –
- “Sadness flies away on the wings of time.” –
- “Sadness is but a wall between two gardens.” –
What are inspiring words?
What Are Some Uplifting and Positive Inspirational Words?
- Accomplish. “He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.”
- Action. “Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
- Ambition. “Ambition is the path to success.
- Believe. “Believe it can be done.