- 1 What is OA literature?
- 2 What are the 12 steps of OA?
- 3 What is the big book in Overeaters Anonymous?
- 4 What does abstinence in OA mean?
- 5 Does OA work?
- 6 What is OA How?
- 7 What is the OA diet plan?
- 8 What are the tools of OA?
- 9 What are the 12 principles of AA?
- 10 What is the difference between FA and OA?
- 11 What are the types of abstinence?
- 12 Is there a 12 step program for food addiction?
What is OA literature?
OA is the publisher and distributor of its literature through the OA bookstore. The Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions of Overeaters Anonymous, Second Edition, large print edition. A New Beginning: Stories of Relapse from Recovery, paperback.
What are the 12 steps of OA?
Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions of Overeaters Anonymous
- We admitted we were powerless over food — that our lives had become unmanageable.
- Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
- Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
- Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
What is the big book in Overeaters Anonymous?
We also study the book Alcoholics Anonymous, referred to as the “Big Book,” to understand and reinforce our program. Many OA members find that when read daily, the literature further reinforces how to live the Twelve Steps.
What does abstinence in OA mean?
What is Abstinence in Overeaters Anonymous? Current Definition: “Abstinence is the action of refraining from compulsive eating and compulsive food behaviors while working towards or maintaining a healthy body weight.
Does OA work?
Some people love the program and recover in it, but for many, OA does not work. People with eating disorders often blame themselves for their failure in OA, attributing it to their weaknesses.
What is OA How?
OA HOW is a movement within Overeaters Anonymous (OA) whose basic principle is that abstinence is the only means to freedom from compulsive eating and relief from the the obsessions of food addiction.
What is the OA diet plan?
OA has created a Plan of Eating to help people recover from compulsive eating behaviors. The plan aims to identify specific eating patterns and guide healthy eating decisions. The plan is individualized. It doesn’t provide any specific suggestions for foods, calorie totals, or other restrictions.
What are the tools of OA?
The 9 Tools of OA
- A Plan of Eating. A plan of eating helps us abstain from compulsive eating.
- Sponsorship. We ask a sponsor to help us through our program of recovery on all three levels, physical, emotional, and spiritual.
- Action Plan.
What are the 12 principles of AA?
The 12 spiritual principles of recovery are as follows: acceptance, hope, faith, courage, honesty, patience, humility, willingness, brotherly-love, integrity, self-discipline, and service.
What is the difference between FA and OA?
FA has no set food plan (but forbids sugar and flour), but has strict requirements for their meetings, down to the positioning of chairs at their meetings. In terms of program size, OA dwarfs the others, with over 6,000 meetings worldwide.
What are the types of abstinence?
Types of abstinence
- Tobacco smoking.
- Sexual abstinence.
Is there a 12 step program for food addiction?
In a 12–step program, people attend meetings with others who also struggle with food addiction. Eventually, they get a sponsor to help them develop a dietary regimen. In addition, 12–step programs are free and usually available worldwide. There are several different programs to choose from.