- 1 Who wrote the Norton Anthology of World Literature?
- 2 When was the Norton Anthology of World Literature 4th edition published?
- 3 How do I cite the Norton Anthology of World Literature?
- 4 What do you know about world literature?
- 5 How do you do a work cited page?
- 6 How do you cite a library book?
- 7 How do I cite The Norton Introduction to Literature 13th edition?
- 8 Which is the best literature in world?
- 9 Why is literature so important?
- 10 Why do we need study world literature?
Who wrote the Norton Anthology of World Literature?
About the Author
Martin Puchner is Byron and Anita Wien Professor of English and Comparative Literature at Harvard University, author of The Written World, and general editor of The Norton Anthology of World Literature.
When was the Norton Anthology of World Literature 4th edition published?
|Publisher:||Norton, W. W. & Company, Inc.|
|Edition description:||Fourth Edition|
How do I cite the Norton Anthology of World Literature?
Citing the Norton Anthology
- WORKS CITED:
- Author’s last name, first name.
- IN TEXT: Use parenthetical citations AFTER the quote!
- AVOID SAYING PAGE/LINE NUMBERS IN SENTENCE ITSELF: In Chapter 1, Arjuna says, “O Krishna, what good is kingship?/What good even life and pleasure?”
What do you know about world literature?
World literature is used to refer to the total of the world’s national literature and the circulation of works into the wider world beyond their country of origin. Many scholars assert that what makes a work considered world literature is its circulation beyond its country of origin.
How do you do a work cited page?
- Begin your Works Cited page on a separate page at the end of your research paper.
- Label the page Works Cited (do not italicize the words Works Cited or put them in quotation marks) and center the words Works Cited at the top of the page.
- Double space all citations, but do not skip spaces between entries.
How do you cite a library book?
- Author (last name, initials only for first & middle names)
- Publication date.
- Title (in italics; capitalize only the first word of title and subtitle, and proper nouns)
- Publisher (Note: do not include publisher location)
- For books retrieved online, include DOI, if available.
How do I cite The Norton Introduction to Literature 13th edition?
Format: Author(s). Title of Play. The Norton Introduction to Literature, edited by Kelly J. Mays, shorter 13th ed., W. W. Norton, 2019, pp.
Which is the best literature in world?
Here is a list of 12 novels that, for various reasons, have been considered some of the greatest works of literature ever written.
- Anna Karenina. Greta Garbo in Anna Karenina.
- To Kill a Mockingbird. To Kill a Mockingbird.
- The Great Gatsby. F.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude.
- A Passage to India.
- Invisible Man.
- Don Quixote.
Why is literature so important?
Literature allows a person to step back in time and learn about life on Earth from the ones who walked before us. We can gather a better understanding of culture and have a greater appreciation of them. We learn through the ways history is recorded, in the forms of manuscripts and through speech itself.
Why do we need study world literature?
The study of literature is important because it, at its most basic, improves reading skills. The study of literature also helps students see the world – people, places, things, events – through different eyes and by way of a different viewpoint.