- 1 What books should every high school student read?
- 2 What is the most read book in high school?
- 3 What are the 10 must read books?
- 4 What should a 14 year old read?
- 5 What books should a 16 year old read?
- 6 What is the longest book ever written?
- 7 What books do you read in 9th grade?
- 8 Is The Alchemist appropriate for high school students?
- 9 What books do Freshman read?
- 10 What are the top 5 books you must read?
- 11 What is the #1 best selling book?
- 12 What are the 10 best books of 2020?
- 13 Can a 13 year old read Harry Potter?
- 14 What books should I read teenage girl?
- 15 What are good 17 year old books?
What books should every high school student read?
The List of Indispensable Books
- To Kill a Mockingbird. Harper Lee’s seminal coming-of-age story set in the fictional southern town of Maycomb, Alabama.
- Nineteen Eighty-Four.
- Lord of the Flies.
- Animal Farm.
- Catcher in the Rye.
- The Grapes of Wrath.
- Invisible Man.
- The Alchemist.
What is the most read book in high school?
Here are some of the books that most often appear on high school reading lists:
- Shakespeare’s Macbeth is on most schools’ lists.
- Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet is also on the list.
- Shakespeare’s Hamlet, a story of an angst-ridden prince whose father has been murdered by his uncle, also tops independent schools’ lists.
What are the 10 must read books?
10 books to read in your lifetime
- 1 of 10. To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee.
- 2 of 10. Great Expectations by Charles Dickens.
- 3 of 10. Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov.
- 4 of 10. Lord of the Flies by William Golding.
- 5 of 10. The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne.
- 6 of 10. The Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger.
- 7 of 10. Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
- 8 of 10.
What should a 14 year old read?
Get The Latest Deals!
- The Martian: Classroom Edition. Author: Andy Weir.
- Jasper Jones. Author: Craig Silvey.
- Eragon. Author: Christopher Paolini.
- Coraline. Author: Neil Gaiman.
- Life of Pi. Author: Yann Martel.
- The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians) Author: Rick Riordan.
- The Graveyard Book. Author: Neil Gaiman.
What books should a 16 year old read?
16 coming-of-age books every 16-year-old should read
- The Harry Potter series. JK Rowling, 1997-2011.
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower. Stephen Chbosky, 1999.
- The Outsiders. SE Hinton, 1967.
- To Kill a Mockingbird. Harper Lee, 1960.
- The Lord of The Rings. JRR Tolkien, 1954.
- The Catcher in the Rye. JD Salinger, 1951.
- Great Expectations. Charles Dickens, 1861.
What is the longest book ever written?
Over the years, there has been some controversy over what constitutes the world’s longest novel. The Guinness Book of World Records gives the honor to Marcel Proust’s elephantine Remembrance of Things Past, weighing in at 9,609,000 characters (including spaces).
What books do you read in 9th grade?
Books for Grade 9 – our recommendations
- Amos Fortune, Free Man by Elizabeth Yates.
- Nothing by Janne Teller.
- Lord of the Flies by William Golding.
- Catch-22 by Joseph Heller.
- Brave New World by Aldous Huxley.
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee.
- The Catcher in the Rye by J D Salinger.
- Looking for Alaska by John Green.
Is The Alchemist appropriate for high school students?
Ultimately, The Alchemist is a meaningful book for high school juniors or seniors. Students sometimes dismiss the book as a little cheesy – and it probably is. But even the most hardened student finds something useful in our Alchemist Project.
What books do Freshman read?
Freshman English Books
- To Kill a Mockingbird (Paperback) Harper Lee.
- Great Expectations (Paperback) Charles Dickens.
- Twelfth Night (Paperback) William Shakespeare.
- Romeo and Juliet (Paperback)
- Jane Eyre (Paperback)
- The Catcher in the Rye (Paperback)
- The Hobbit, or There and Back Again (Paperback)
- Lord of the Flies (Paperback)
What are the top 5 books you must read?
- To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee.
- The Great Gatsby, by F Scott Fitzgerald.
- Things Fall Apart, by Chinua Achebe.
- Moby-Dick, by Herman Melville.
- The Color Purple, by Alice Walker.
- Catch-22, by Joseph Heller.
- Atlas Shrugged, by Ayn Rand.
- The Lord of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkien.
What is the #1 best selling book?
Top 100 best selling books of all time
|SOURCE: NIELSEN BOOK SCAN|
|1||Da Vinci Code,The||Crime, Thriller & Adventure|
|2||Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows||Children’s Fiction|
|3||Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone||Children’s Fiction|
What are the 10 best books of 2020?
The 10 Best Fiction Books of 2020
- The Vanishing Half, Brit Bennett.
- Shuggie Bain, Douglas Stuart.
- The Mirror & the Light, Hilary Mantel.
- A Children’s Bible, Lydia Millet.
- Homeland Elegies, Ayad Akhtar.
- I Hold a Wolf by the Ears, Laura van den Berg.
- A Burning, Megha Majumdar.
- Deacon King Kong, James McBride.
Can a 13 year old read Harry Potter?
7–9: A great age to begin (for younger kids, consider reading aloud together). Read: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone.
What books should I read teenage girl?
35 Books Every Girl Should Read Before She’s 17
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky.
- The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series by Ann Brashares.
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell.
- I Am Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter by Erika L.
- It’s Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini.
- They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera.
What are good 17 year old books?
Keep reading if you are curious to know what books made it to our list.
- Harry Potter Series.
- To Kill A Mockingbird.
- The Fault In Our Stars.
- The Catcher In The Rye.
- 13 Little Blue Envelopes.
- Anne of Green Gables Series.
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower.
- The Divergent Series.