- 1 What are the most famous opening lines for books?
- 2 What is the most beautiful sentence?
- 3 What are your Favourite lines from any novel?
- 4 What is the most famous literature?
- 5 What is the first line of Ulysses?
- 6 What is the most famous line in English literature?
- 7 What is the best sentence ever written?
- 8 How can I write beautiful sentence in English?
- 9 How do you write a powerful sentence?
- 10 What is the most quoted book in the world?
- 11 What is line literature?
- 12 What is a book of quotes called?
- 13 What are the top 5 books you must read?
- 14 What are the top 5 novels of all time?
- 15 What are the 12 masterpieces of world literature?
What are the most famous opening lines for books?
15 of the best first lines in fiction
- ‘Call me Ishmael’
- ‘I am an invisible man’
- ‘The story so far: in the beginning, the universe was created.
- ‘Mother died today.
- ‘It was a queer, sultry summer, the summer they electrocuted the Rosenbergs, and I didn’t know what I was doing in New York’
- ‘Ships at a distance have every man’s wish on board’
What is the most beautiful sentence?
3. “She wasn’t doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together.” 4. “I took a deep breath and listened to the old brag of my heart; I am, I am, I am.”
What are your Favourite lines from any novel?
“You want to come into my life, the door is open.
The Catcher In The Rye – J.D Salinger:
- Certain things, they should stay the way they are.
- Don’t ever tell anybody anything.
- The best thing, though, in that museum was that everything always stayed right where it was.
- It’s funny.
- I don’t exactly know what I mean by.
What is the most famous literature?
Here is a list of 12 novels that, for various reasons, have been considered some of the greatest works of literature ever written.
- Anna Karenina. Greta Garbo in Anna Karenina.
- To Kill a Mockingbird. To Kill a Mockingbird.
- The Great Gatsby. F.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude.
- A Passage to India.
- Invisible Man.
- Don Quixote.
What is the first line of Ulysses?
Ulysses (1922)“Stately, plump Buck Mulligan came from the stairhead, bearing a bowl of lather on which a mirror and a razor lay crossed.” This is the classic third-person opening to the 20th-century novel that has shaped modern fiction, pro and anti, for almost a hundred years.
What is the most famous line in English literature?
Here are some favourites:
- “It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to than I have ever known.”
- “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”
- “You have brains in your head.
- “It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be.”
What is the best sentence ever written?
51 Of The Greatest Sentences Ever Written In Literature
- “I look at you and a sense of wonder takes me.”
- “I cannot make anyone understand what is happening inside me.”
- “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
- “It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”
How can I write beautiful sentence in English?
Here are three tips you can use right now to write beautiful sentences that will stick with your readers.
- Use simple, clear sentences. If you want to write better, don’t try to sound “fancy.” Writing long, indecipherable sentences full of obscure words doesn’t make you clever.
- Don’t hedge.
- Avoid passive voice.
How do you write a powerful sentence?
The Art Of Writing Powerful Sentences
- Trim the fat. The rule of thumb in writing powerful sentences is that less is more.
- Move strong words to the beginning or end. The first and last words of a sentence are the most memorable.
- Get to the point.
- Don’t use fluff.
- Get rid of passive voice.
- Choose better verbs.
- Create an image in few words.
- Build suspense.
What is the most quoted book in the world?
He found that the Bible far outsold any other book, with a whopping 3.9 billion copies sold over the last 50 years. “Quotations from the Works of Mao Tse-tung” came in second with 820 million copies sold, and “Harry Potter” came in third with 400 million copies sold.
What is line literature?
A line is a unit of language into which a poem or play is divided. The process of arranging words using lines and line breaks is known as lineation, and is one of poetry’s defining features. A distinct numbered group of lines in verse is normally called a stanza. A title, in some poems, is considered a line.
What is a book of quotes called?
What is a Commonplace book? A commonplace book is a central resource or depository for ideas, quotes, anecdotes, observations and information you come across during your life and didactic pursuits.
What are the top 5 books you must read?
- To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee.
- The Great Gatsby, by F Scott Fitzgerald.
- Things Fall Apart, by Chinua Achebe.
- Moby-Dick, by Herman Melville.
- The Color Purple, by Alice Walker.
- Catch-22, by Joseph Heller.
- Atlas Shrugged, by Ayn Rand.
- The Lord of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkien.
What are the top 5 novels of all time?
The Greatest Books of All Time
- 1. In Search of Lost Time by Marcel Proust.
- 2. Ulysses by James Joyce.
- 3. Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes.
- 4. One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
- 5. The Great Gatsby by F.
- 6. Moby Dick by Herman Melville.
- 7. War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy.
What are the 12 masterpieces of world literature?
What are the 12 masterpieces of world literature?
- The Epic of Gilgamesh.
- Homer, The Odyssey.
- The 1001 Nights.
- Voltaire, Candide.
- Orhan Pamuk, My Name is Red.
- Wole Soyinka, Death and the King’s Horseman.
- Lu Xun, Diary of a Madman.