- 1 What is the longest piece of English literature?
- 2 What is the longest written work?
- 3 What is the longest fanfiction ever?
- 4 What is the longest work in the English language?
- 5 Is Homestuck longer than the Bible?
- 6 What is the shortest book in the world?
- 7 What is the longest book in the world 2020?
- 8 Which is longer war and peace or Les Miserables?
- 9 What does crack mean fanfiction?
- 10 Does fanfiction count as a book?
- 11 What is the most popular fanfiction on AO3?
- 12 Which word takes 3 hours to say?
- 13 What is the full name of titin?
- 14 What is Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia?
What is the longest piece of English literature?
The longest work of English literature ever written by one person is a Super Mario Bros. fan fiction called The Subspace Emissary’s Worlds Conquest.
What is the longest written work?
The truth is the longest piece of fiction in the world to date…is a fanfiction. This fanfiction has 4,102,217 words, with more than 220 chapters! The fanfiction is called Subspace Emissary Worlds Conquest, based on the popular fighting game Super Smash Bros Brawl’s. adventure mode, the Subspace Emissary.
What is the longest fanfiction ever?
The longest fanfiction on the site is The Loud House: Revamped, a crossover fanfiction of Loud House which is over 8,350,000 words long as of February 2021.
What is the longest work in the English language?
10 Longest Words in the English Language
- Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis (45 letters)
- Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia (36 letters)
- Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious (34 letters)
- Pseudopseudohypoparathyroidism (30 letters)
- Floccinaucinihilipilification (29 letters)
- Antidisestablishmentarianism (28 letters)
Is Homestuck longer than the Bible?
For reference that is over 100,000 more words than the King James Bible and, if published, It would be the 5th longest novel (by word count) in the English language.
What is the shortest book in the world?
Cuando despertó, el dinosaurio todavía estaba allí. Google The Dinosaur and you’ll be informed that no less an authority than novelist and literary critic Umberto Eco crowned it the world’s shortest novel.
What is the longest book in the world 2020?
A la recherche du temps perdu by Marcel Proust contains an estimated 9,609,000 characters (each letter counts as one character. Spaces are also counted, as one character each).
Which is longer war and peace or Les Miserables?
Les Miserables, 1862, by Victor Hugo (530,982) – There’s some confusion as to which is longer, War and Peace, or Les Miserables. The verdict is that in English translations, War and Peace is longer.
What does crack mean fanfiction?
crack fic (countable and uncountable, plural crack fics) (countable, fandom slang) A work of fan fiction that is absurd, surprising or ridiculous, often intentionally.
Does fanfiction count as a book?
No. The vast majority of fanfic are less than 10K words which is nowhere near long enough to be a like a book. I’m pedantic enough to want to count everything I read so therefore, no, I wouldn’t count fanfic in a book list. I would keep separate tallies for both.
What is the most popular fanfiction on AO3?
A fic about Minecraft Youtubers is now the most read fic of all time. Previously, the English language fic with the most all time hits on AO3 was a My Hero Academia fic called “Yesterday Upon the Stair” with 1,548,534 reads, but it has been replaced.
Which word takes 3 hours to say?
ISOLEUCINE. Note the ellipses. All told, the full chemical name for the human protein titin is 189,819 letters, and takes about three-and-a-half hours to pronounce.
What is the full name of titin?
isoleucine” (ellipses necessary), which is the “chemical name of titin, the largest known protein.” Also, there’s some dispute about whether this is really a word.
What is Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia?
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia is one of the longest words in the dictionary — and, in an ironic twist, is the name for a fear of long words. Sesquipedalophobia is another term for the phobia. the fear, anxiety, or avoidance causes clinical distress.