- 1 Why do nurses use Cinahl?
- 2 What are the best known databases for nursing literature?
- 3 What is Cinahl in nursing?
- 4 What is the difference between Cinahl and Medline?
- 5 What does Scopus stand for?
- 6 Does Cinahl use MeSH terms?
- 7 How many levels of critical thinking exist for nursing judgment?
- 8 Are books GREY literature?
- 9 What is Cinahl used for?
- 10 How do I reference a Cinahl database?
- 11 Is Cinahl free to the public?
- 12 Is Cinahl a credible source?
- 13 Does PubMed include Cinahl?
- 14 What does Medline stand for?
Why do nurses use Cinahl?
This is the definitive research tool for nursing and allied health professionals. With CINAHL Complete, users get fast and easy full-text access to top journals, evidence-based care sheets, quick lessons and more.
What are the best known databases for nursing literature?
Major Research Databases
- CINAHL Plus with Full Text. CINAHL covers literature related to nursing and allied health.
- Cochrane Library.
- EMBASE: Excerpta Medica Database.
- ERIC on EBSCOhost.
- HAPI: Health and Psychosocial Instruments:
- MEDLINE through Ovid (1947 to Present)
- MEDLINE via [email protected]
- Nursing Reference Center Plus.
What is Cinahl in nursing?
CINAHL stands for the Cumulative Index of Nursing and Allied Health Literature and is the largest and most in-depth nursing research database. The CINAHL Plus with Full Text database provides full text for 768 journals, and indexing for 5,000 journals from the fields of nursing and allied health.
What is the difference between Cinahl and Medline?
Because the CINAHL database was developed especially for the nursing literature, the subject headings used by CINAHL are more focused on nursing topics than MEDLINE, and CINAHL is more responsive to adding new nursing concepts.
What does Scopus stand for?
Scopus is a bibliographic database containing abstracts and citations for academic journal articles.
Does Cinahl use MeSH terms?
CINAHL uses the (U.S.) National Library of Medicine’s Medical Subject Headings (MeSH). These subject headings are arranged in a hierarchy that enables searching at various levels of detail, from general to very specific terms.
How many levels of critical thinking exist for nursing judgment?
This article proposes the Critical Thinking Model for Nursing Judgment, which specifies five components: specific knowledge base, experience, competencies, attitudes, and standards. The model has three levels of critical thinking: basic, complex, and commitment.
Are books GREY literature?
Grey Literature sources can vary hugely in terms of quality. Scholarly publications such as books and journals pass through a formal publishing process and are subject to in depth editing review. Grey literature is often not formally published.
What is Cinahl used for?
CINAHL Database provides indexing of the top nursing and allied health literature available including nursing journals and publications from the National League for Nursing and the American Nurses Association.
How do I reference a Cinahl database?
- Perform a search in any EBSCOhost database.
- Click on the title of any article or eBook from your list that you want to cite.
- Click on the Cite icon on the right side of the item page:
- Citation Format will appear above the article or eBook cited in multiple formats.
Is Cinahl free to the public?
Free database trial for members
For a limited time you can access MEDLINE full-text articles for medical journals and CINAHL full-text articles for nursing and allied health journals.
Is Cinahl a credible source?
The Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) is generally thought to be a good source to search when conducting a review of qualitative evidence.
Does PubMed include Cinahl?
The CINAHL database has many of the same features of PubMed. You can narrow your search of CINAHL headings with CINAHL subheadings and place limits on your search to restrict your results to specific publication types, age groups, dates etc.
What does Medline stand for?
MEDLINE (Medical Literature Analysis and Retrieval System Online, or MEDLARS Online) is a bibliographic database of life sciences and biomedical information. It includes bibliographic information for articles from academic journals covering medicine, nursing, pharmacy, dentistry, veterinary medicine, and health care.