- 1 Is the Little Red Book AA approved literature?
- 2 Is the 24 hour a day book aa approved?
- 3 Where can I get AA literature?
- 4 Is back to basics AA approved?
- 5 Is the Bible AA approved literature?
- 6 Is the grapevine AA approved literature?
- 7 What is AA approved literature?
- 8 What does it mean to drop the rock?
- 9 What are the different types of AA?
- 10 How much is an AA Big Book?
- 11 What is read at the beginning of an AA meeting?
- 12 What is the AA Preamble?
- 13 Do aa circuit speakers get paid?
Is the Little Red Book AA approved literature?
The Little Red Book is a non-conference approved study guide to The Big Book which was also called The Big Red Book because of its red and yellow cover when it was first published; however the cover of The Big Book became blue with the second edition in 1955.
Is the 24 hour a day book aa approved?
Regional newsletters and literature also lack conference approval but are widely used in meetings. Since 1954 the Hazelden published “Twenty Four Hours a Day” (ISBN 9780894860126) has been very widely used in AA meetings and has never been considered for conference approval.
Where can I get AA literature?
Ordering A.A. Literature
- Online: To order A.A. literature online Click here.
- Phone: Call the Order Entry Department weekdays from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Eastern Time at 1-212-870-3312.
- Fax: Fax order form to us at any time: 1-212-870-3137; 1-800-437-3584.
- Email: [email protected]aa.org.
- Mail: Mail a completed order form:
Is back to basics AA approved?
Back to Basics is nothing more than an A.A. meeting format from the mid 1940’s. It is a format that was approved by many thousands of A.A. Groups in the 1940’s and 1950’s and has been approved by more than 3,000 A.A. Groups today. The General Service Conference does not approve A.A. meeting formats.
Is the Bible AA approved literature?
Factually, unlike Al-Anon, there is no such thing as AA Approved Literature. The early AA’s read from the Bible, the Upper Room, Oswald Chambers, Cecil Rose, Leslie Weatherhead, Sam Shoemaker, Emmet Fox, Richmond Walker, Ralph Pfau and many others.
Is the grapevine AA approved literature?
The term “Conference-approved” relates to literature and audiovisual material that is published by AA World Services, Inc, and has been approved by Conference for this purpose. The General Service Conference recognises the Grapevine as the international journal of Alcoholics Anonymous.
What is AA approved literature?
General Service Conference-approved literature reflects the group conscience of the Fellowship of A.A. and includes the book Alcoholics Anonymous (affectionately known by members as the Big Book); Daily Reflections, a compilation of spiritual reflections contributed by members; books written by one of A.A.‘s co-
What does it mean to drop the rock?
“Drop the rock!” they all shout. “Let go! Drop the rock!” Treading water, Mary looks down at the rock. She realizes it contains her fear, resentments, self-pity, anger, intolerance and other character defects.
What are the different types of AA?
Here are some of the choices of types of meetings available to a member of Alcoholics Anonymous:
- The topic/discussion meeting.
- The speaker meeting.
- The Big Book study.
- 12 Step studies.
- Men’s groups and women’s groups.
- Gay and lesbian groups, young people’s groups, old-timer groups.
- Special interest groups.
How much is an AA Big Book?
The book that you use in the AA program is probably only $10 through AA..
|Ships fromShips from||Amazon.com|
What is read at the beginning of an AA meeting?
The meeting begins with the chairperson reading the AA Preamble, then leading a group prayer, the Serenity Prayer (short version), which about 80% of the people recite. Afterward, different members of the meeting read brief AA literature, “How It Works,” the “Twelve Traditions” and “The Promises.”
What is the AA Preamble?
The AA Preamble (New) Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is an honest desire to stop drinking.
Do aa circuit speakers get paid?
Circuit speakers are not paid, but their transportation and boarding is generally paid for, even if they often are staying at another fellow’s house.