- 1 Who are the top 10 authors?
- 2 Who is the famous poem writer?
- 3 Who is the famous Indian poet?
- 4 Who are the most famous poets?
- 5 What authors have sold the most books?
- 6 Who is the best fantasy author?
- 7 Who is world’s greatest poet?
- 8 Who is world’s best poet?
- 9 Who is the first poet?
- 10 Who is the first Indian poet?
- 11 Who is the first woman poet?
- 12 Who is the best Indian poet?
- 13 Who are famous poets?
- 14 Which country has best poets?
- 15 Who is the father of English poetry?
TOP TEN AUTHORS BY NUMBER OF BOOKS SELECTED
- William Shakespeare — 11.
- William Faulkner — 6.
- Henry James — 6.
- Jane Austen — 5.
- Charles Dickens — 5.
- Fyodor Dostoevsky — 5.
- Ernest Hemingway — 5.
- Franz Kafka — 5.
Who is the famous poem writer?
Among other famous poets and writers in American history, Robert Frost will always have his own place. He got nominated for the Nobel Prize for Literature a massive 31 times and he was the first poet to ever perform at the inauguration of an American president when he recited his poem during the inauguration of John F.
Who is the famous Indian poet?
#2 Rabindranath Tagore
Referred to as “the Bard of Bengal”, Rabindranath Tagore is a towering figure of world literature and the most famous modern Indian poet.
Who are the most famous poets?
We decided to find the answers to these questions.
- Research, research, research.
- William Shakespeare.
- William Wordsworth, Keats and Shelley.
- Walt Whitman.
- John Milton and William Blake.
- Ezra Pound and TS Eliot.
- Edgar Allan Poe.
List of best-selling fiction authors
|Author||Min. estimated sales||Number of books|
|William Shakespeare||2 billion||42|
|Agatha Christie||2 billion||85|
|Barbara Cartland||500 million||723|
|Danielle Steel||500 million||179|
16 of the Best Fantasy Authors Ever
- George R. R. Martin.
- Seanan McGuire.
- Brandon Sanderson.
- Patrick Rothfuss.
- J.R.R. Tolkien.
- Nnedi Okorafor.
- Andrzej Sapkowski.
- Robin Hobb.
Who is world’s greatest poet?
- William Shakespeare (1564-1616)
- Homer. Many know Homerus by Homer, and he is responsible for the literary works Odyssey and Iliad.
- Edgar Allan Poe (1809-1849)
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749-1832)
- William Blake (1757-1827)
- William Butler Yeats (1865-1939)
Who is world’s best poet?
The 10 Greatest Poets: My List
- Li Po/Li Bai/Li Bo.
- Emily Dickinson.
- John Donne.
- Wallace Stevens.
- 4. Walt Whitman.
- Dante Alighieri.
- William Shakespeare. According to my shockingly un-scientific measurements, Shakespeare’s name appeared most frequently on your lists.
- PABLO NERUDA. Why Neruda?
Who is the first poet?
The Akkadian poet Enheduanna (2285-2250 BCE) is the world’s first author known by name and was the daughter of Sargon of Akkad (Sargon the Great, 2334-2279 BCE).
Who is the first Indian poet?
Henry Louis Vivian Derozio is considered the first poet in the lineage of Indian English poetry followed by Rabindranath Tagore, Sri Aurobindo, Sarojini Naidu, Michael Madhusudan Dutt, Toru Dutt among others.
Who is the first woman poet?
Among the first known female writers is Enheduanna; she is also the earliest known poet ever recorded. She was the High Priestess of the goddess Inanna and the moon god Nanna (Sin). She lived in the Sumerian city-state of Ur over 4,200 years ago.
Who is the best Indian poet?
Top 10 Greatest Indian Poets of all time
- Kabir. One of the most recognized authorities is our very own mystic poet from the 15th century, ‘Kabir‘.
- Mirza Ghalib.
- Amir Khusrow.
- Mir Taqi Mir.
- Rabindranath Tagore.
- Kamala Surayya.
Who are famous poets?
Check out the list of top famous English poets of all time.
- W.B Yeats.
- Sylvia Plath.
- Rudyard Kipling.
- Robert Burns.
- Oscar Wilde.
- John Milton.
- John Keats.
Which country has best poets?
For English-language poems, the US has produced the most acclaimed poets. Asia and Africa probably have regions that produce a lot of poets, as well. China and Japan are known for poetry, and Malaysia has a form that has been picked up by English-speaking poets in the last few decades (called a pantoum).
Who is the father of English poetry?
‘The Father of English Poetry’ (Chapter 8) – Geoffrey Chaucer.