- 1 Who is the most famous poem?
- 2 Who is the famous poet in India?
- 3 Who are some famous poets?
- 4 What is considered the greatest poem of all time?
- 5 What is the hardest poem to write?
- 6 What is the longest poem ever written?
- 7 Who is known as father of ghazal?
- 8 Who is the first Indian poet?
- 9 Who is the first woman poet?
- 10 Who is the first poet?
- 11 Which country has best poets?
- 12 Who is the father of English poetry?
- 13 What is the most beautiful love poem ever written?
- 14 Who is the Most Romantic poet?
- 15 What are the two prettiest things in the poem?
Who is the most famous poem?
The 32 Most Iconic Poems in the English Language
- William Carlos Williams, “The Red Wheelbarrow”
- T. S. Eliot, “The Waste Land”
- Robert Frost, “The Road Not Taken”
- Gwendolyn Brooks, “We Real Cool”
- Elizabeth Bishop, “One Art”
- Emily Dickinson, “Because I could not stop for Death –”
- Langston Hughes, “Harlem”
- Sylvia Plath, “Daddy”
Who is the famous poet in India?
Referred to as “the Bard of Bengal”, Rabindranath Tagore is a towering figure of world literature and the most famous modern Indian poet.
Who are some famous poets?
This includes William Shakespeare, William Wordsworth, John Keats, John Milton, Walt Whitman, William Blake, Percy Bysshe Shelley, T.S. Eliot, Edgar Allan Poe, and Ezra Pound. So, let’s take a look at these poets influence in further detail, and be sure to use your mouse scroll to see the full image.
What is considered the greatest poem of all time?
10 Greatest Poems Ever Written
- “The Road Not Taken” by Robert Frost (1874-1963) Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, And sorry I could not travel both. And be one traveler, long I stood.
- “Daffodils” by William Wordsworth (1770-1850) I wandered lonely as a cloud. That floats on high o’er vales and hills, When all at once I saw a crowd,
What is the hardest poem to write?
As we approach National Poetry Month’s home stretch, we take a look at the most dreaded of all poetic forms: the villanelle. This is the poet’s triple axel.
What is the longest poem ever written?
The scale of the “Mahabharata” is daunting. The ancient Indian epic stands as the longest poem ever written, about 10 times as long as “The Iliad” and “The Odyssey” combined.
Who is known as father of ghazal?
Rumi, a 12th century mystic poet has written Persian Ghazals and probably the first GhazalGo (People who say Ghazals. A Ghazal is always ‘said’ even when it is written.) to become immensely popular. He traveled widely and spread the art of Ghazal to other parts of South Asia.
Who is the first Indian poet?
Henry Louis Vivian Derozio is considered the first poet in the lineage of Indian English poetry followed by Rabindranath Tagore, Sri Aurobindo, Sarojini Naidu, Michael Madhusudan Dutt, Toru Dutt among others.
Who is the first woman poet?
Among the first known female writers is Enheduanna; she is also the earliest known poet ever recorded. She was the High Priestess of the goddess Inanna and the moon god Nanna (Sin). She lived in the Sumerian city-state of Ur over 4,200 years ago.
Who is the first poet?
The Akkadian poet Enheduanna (2285-2250 BCE) is the world’s first author known by name and was the daughter of Sargon of Akkad (Sargon the Great, 2334-2279 BCE).
Which country has best poets?
For English-language poems, the US has produced the most acclaimed poets. Asia and Africa probably have regions that produce a lot of poets, as well. China and Japan are known for poetry, and Malaysia has a form that has been picked up by English-speaking poets in the last few decades (called a pantoum).
Who is the father of English poetry?
‘The Father of English Poetry’ (Chapter 8) – Geoffrey Chaucer.
What is the most beautiful love poem ever written?
10 Greatest Love Poems Ever Written
- “Since There’s No Help,” by Michael Drayton (1563-1631)
- “How Do I Love Thee,” by Elizabeth Barrett Browning (1806-1861)
- “Love’s Philosophy,” by Percy Bysshe Shelley (1792-1822)
- “Love,” by Samuel Taylor Coleridge (1772-1834)
- “A Red, Red Rose,” by Robert Burns (1759-1796)
- “Annabell Lee,” by Edgar Allan Poe (1809-1849)
Who is the Most Romantic poet?
Top 10 Romantic Poets
- 1.Shakespeare. England’s favourite literary son is the undisputed king of romantic poetry.
- 2.Lord Byron.
- 4.William Blake.
- 5.Pablo Neruda.
- 6.William Wordsworth.
- 7.Samuel Taylor Coleridge.
- 8.Khalil Gibran.
What are the two prettiest things in the poem?
Answer: “The Rainbow,” by Christina Rossetti, is a short poem about the beauty of the sky and connection to the heavens through a beautiful rainbow. The speaker says the two prettiest things are clouds and rainbows. Rainbow is another name for the ‘bow that bridges heaven.