- 1 What is the oldest poem in the world?
- 2 What is the oldest love song?
- 3 What was the very first poem poem?
- 4 What is the most beautiful love poem ever written?
- 5 What is the oldest love story?
- 6 What is the oldest poem in English?
- 7 What are some old love songs?
- 8 How do you say love in Sumerian?
- 9 What sort of ritual do the Inanna dumuzi love songs seem to refer to?
- 10 Is the Bible the oldest book in the world?
- 11 Who are famous poets?
- 12 Who is the oldest historical figure?
- 13 What is the most romantic quote ever?
- 14 Who is the greatest poet of all time?
- 15 What is a good love poem for my girlfriend?
What is the oldest poem in the world?
The Epic of Gilgamesh started out as a series of Sumerian poems and tales dating back to 2100 B.C., but the most complete version was written around the 12th century B.C. by the Babylonians.
What is the oldest love song?
Istanbul #2461 (also Ni 2461, L. 2461) is an ancient Sumerian cuneiform tablet which is believed to contain the oldest love poem ever found. It is on display at the Istanbul Museum of the Ancient Orient (Mesopotamia Hall).
What was the very first poem poem?
The author of the first poem is unknown. However, The Epic of Gilgamesh is considered to be the first poem ever. Besides the epic, the Rig Vedas of Hinduism and the Song of the Weaver from Egypt are among the first poems ever.
What is the most beautiful love poem ever written?
10 Greatest Love Poems Ever Written
- “Since There’s No Help,” by Michael Drayton (1563-1631)
- “How Do I Love Thee,” by Elizabeth Barrett Browning (1806-1861)
- “Love’s Philosophy,” by Percy Bysshe Shelley (1792-1822)
- “Love,” by Samuel Taylor Coleridge (1772-1834)
- “A Red, Red Rose,” by Robert Burns (1759-1796)
- “Annabell Lee,” by Edgar Allan Poe (1809-1849)
What is the oldest love story?
The oldest surviving love poem is written in a clay tablet from the times of the Sumerians, inventors of writing around 3500 BD, and was called by archaeologists by a very un-romantic name: ‘Istanbul #2461’.
What is the oldest poem in English?
“Cædmon’s Hymn”, composed in the 7th century, according to Bede, is often considered as the oldest surviving poem in English.
What are some old love songs?
Best love songs of all time, ranked
- “This Magic Moment” by the Drifters.
- “Unchained Melody” by the Righteous Brothers.
- “Stand by Me” by Ben E.
- “At Last” by Etta James.
- “Let’s Stay Together” by Al Green.
- “God Only Knows” by the Beach Boys.
- “Be My Baby” by the Ronettes.
- “Something” by the Beatles.
How do you say love in Sumerian?
KI-AG2 – to love.
What sort of ritual do the Inanna dumuzi love songs seem to refer to?
The songs themselves refer to the ritual marriage and sexual union between Inanna and the king of the day, who was considered to be the earthly embodiment of her heavenly consort Dumuzi.
Is the Bible the oldest book in the world?
Wiki Answers reports: “the oldest book in the world is the Bible” (here). Thus the oldest book in the world must surely be the Gutenberg Bible (oldest printed book in the West, from c. 1455) or Buddhism’s Diamond Sutra (oldest printed book in the East, from c. 868), as in this Huffington Post article.
Who are famous poets?
Check out the list of top famous English poets of all time.
- W.B Yeats.
- Sylvia Plath.
- Rudyard Kipling.
- Robert Burns.
- Oscar Wilde.
- John Milton.
- John Keats.
Who is the oldest historical figure?
Guinness World Records says the oldest living person verified by original proof of birth is Misao Okawa, a 115-year-old Japanese woman. The oldest verified age was 122 years and 164 days: Jeanne Calment of France, who died in 1997.
What is the most romantic quote ever?
Romantic Song Quotes
- “ All of me loves all of you.
- “ It’s always better when we’re together.” – “Better Together” by Jack Johnson (Get it on iTunes)
- “ Now you’re my whole life.
- “ You know it’s true.
- “ Take me into your lovin’ arms.
- “ I’ll never stop trying.
Who is the greatest poet of all time?
- William Shakespeare (1564-1616)
- Homer. Many know Homerus by Homer, and he is responsible for the literary works Odyssey and Iliad.
- Edgar Allan Poe (1809-1849)
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749-1832)
- William Blake (1757-1827)
- William Butler Yeats (1865-1939)
What is a good love poem for my girlfriend?
[For Her by Jamie Emm]
- I am lost if you’re away. You have me so completely. I cherish you night and day. Without your breath, I cannot live.
- I need your lips on mine. Nothing at all I wouldn’t give. I’ll take nothing and be fine.
- So happy and so proud. Never a day you’ll feel alone, And I’ll yell it oh so loud.